Big News from Enphase (Content originally published on https://enphase.com)
Ensemble is the energy management technology from Enphase that enables solar, storage and the grid to seamlessly work together to ensure clean, reliable, economical and safe energy. Ensemble is our technological solution for the future of energy. We see smart homes equipped to respond to your presence, to your preferences, to your ideals. We see technology allowing entire communities to grow together in strength and prosperity. We see a solar system designed to combine energy production, storage, and management in a way that maximizes efficiency and minimizes cost. And we see Ensemble connecting it all to ensure everyone has access to the power they need — whether they’re on the grid or on a remote island. Watch this video to see the future of energy.
The Ensemble solution has five key components:
- IQ 8 is the 8th generation of Enphase micros, ensuring reliability from a decade of continuous improvement. This generation provides a cost-effective option for traditional solar while providing for the potential to upgrade with additional equipment for always-on capability.
- The Encharge Battery is designed to optimize energy generation to save money when tied to the grid and maximize availability during an emergency when the off-grid capability is enabled.
- The Enpower switch seamlessly isolates your home for operation during a blackout which lets you keep playing when the grid goes down.
- The IQ Combiner enables real-time connection of your system to the cloud with the most efficient, effective and reliable communication protocols. The IQ Combiner ensures the longevity of your warranty for the lifetime of your system and allows the installer and Enphase to troubleshoot if needed to provide the best return on your investment.
- The Enlighten Cloud Software delivers real-time monitoring and insights of solar generation, energy usage, connection to the grid, in addition to battery usage.
This solution will be released in a phased manner. The initial release of the Ensemble solution will become available in limited quantities in select North American cities around Christmas of 2019.
This first release of the Ensemble solution will include the IQ 8 powered Encharge battery for energy storage and the Enpower switch for control. This initial Ensemble solution is designed to be compatible with IQ 6 and IQ 7 systems for either existing or new installs.
Worldwide release in the middle of 2020, will be this same solution, but with the IQ 8 Enphase Microinverter with a second release of the Enpower switch. The goal is to continue providing additional value to our partners and customers with every new Ensemble release.